Written by Ira Winderman
Erik Spoelstra set the tone for the Miami Heat’s upcoming season Monday at media day at AmericanAirlines Arena.
Among the highlights of the Heat coach’s comments:
- On having most of his roster back, “This, ultimately, is what everybody wanted.”
- And, “Our guys are just crazy enough to think we’re good enough to get the job done.”
- On whether last season’s 30-11 finish was closer to the impending team identity, “We really wanted to find out. That’s the question I’ve been getting: Which team was it?”
- A Heat spokesman said prior to Spoelstra’s comments that the team could not comment on the Dwyane Wade situation since his buyout from the Chicago Bulls had not been officially announced when Spoelstra spoke.
- Asked about it, Spoelstra said, “There’s been so much movement this offseason . . . that it didn’t surprise me. Everyone knows how I feel about Dwyane. . . . I love Dwyane. He’s a brother of mine.”